Thursday, February 4, 2010

Why am I doing this?

I remember thinking to myself when blogs first came out (I'm dating myself here) that they were a silly thing to do. I've said worse things about botox, twitter, "retro" 80s fashion, and cable, but I don't plan on jumping on those bandwagons anytime soon. What changed my mind about blogs and blogging are all the interesting or silly things that have come into the world as a result of this trend.

I've decided to make my own blog because I'm at this wierd point in my life where it seems like everything is changing. The things that are changing in my life aren't that interesting to anyone outside people that are close to me and we'll save them until we know each other a little better. However, everyone has life-changing events and/or things that rattle their cages. I'm mostly going to stick to those themes, but there will probably be the occasional political rant, recipe, book review, etc.

I guess this is my welcome to the wonderful world of blogging and let's hope some shoulder pads and a mullet aren't next on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment